REMINDER: ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MAY 1ST
Please see the criteria below for the scholarship provided by the association:
- The student applicant shall be an active fire inspection certificate holder and/or sons or daughters of living or deceased fire inspection certificate holders, and who were employed and/or are employed by a fire department of a city, county, or state government agency, and further that the fire inspection certificate holder shall be or was a member of the North Carolina Fire Marshal’s Association.
- The student applicant shall agree that the use of grant funds shall be predicated on his or her enrollment or continuance of education in a recognized and/or accredited school such as a college, university, trade school, business college, or as may be acceptable to the Educational Fund Committee.
- The applicant must possess qualities of good character and integrity.
- The applicant must display a record of evidence of satisfactory scholastic or school grades, ability, ambition, and desire for continuance of education.
- The grant may be utilized by a student for continuation to succeeding years or years upon satisfactory academic progress, subject to the review by the Educational Fund Committee. The maximum number of years that funds may be granted a student is four (4) years. All students desiring continuation of funding must make application each year using the NC Fire Marshal’s Association Scholarship Fund Application Form.
Below are the applications in PDF and Word form. Please follow the directions on the application.